Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"You Can't Beat a Babka!"

For those of you who are Seinfeld fans you will know what I am talking about when I say "you can't beat a babka". It was my Mom's birthday this weekend so my family gathered for a celebratory brunch. My mom requested a French Toast Casserole  but I wanted to bring something else as well. Instead of heading out to a bakery only to be left with a cinnamon babka with a hair on it like Jerry and Elaine I decided to make my own chocolate babka. I found a great recipe from Martha Stewart and went to work. The best part was that the recipe makes 3 loaves and the loaves can be frozen prior to baking, so now I have a couple of babkas in my freezer ready to go for a last minute event.

This babka was delicious!!! It was super chocolaty and the streusel topping finished it off perfectly. If you have a free afternoon, I highly recommend getting in the kitchen to make some of this chocolate babka!

Find the recipe here: http://www.marthastewart.com/312994/chocolate-babka

Deb, from Smitten Kitchen also attempted the recipe, which you can find here: http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/09/mmm-bab-bee-bab-ka/ , her post includes some pictures which helped make the recipe a little easier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...